Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tennessee economic report
Tennessee’s economy continues to grow in a robust start to 2017, according to a report released Monday by the Secretary of State's office. There were 10,372 new business filings in the first quarter, representing an 8.7 percent increase over the same time last year. As of April 1, there were 259,000 active businesses in Tennessee, representing a 5.2 percent increase compared to the first quarter in 2016. “These strong numbers give us a good idea that Tennessee’s economy will continue to grow. It’s obvious that Tennessee has a climate that continues to attract new businesses,” said Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett. Domestic firms account for 84 percent of all new entity filings, while foreign entities make up the remaining 16 percent. The state’s unemployment rate in April was 5.3 percent compared to the U.S. rate of 4.5. percent. The national economy showed mix signals.... weaker consumer spending and auto sales, while housing and personal income grew.


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Saturday, January 20, 2018

  • Carpenter receives lengthy prison term
  • Jefferson Circuit guilty pleas
  • Smoking costs are high
  • Haslam appoints water committee
  • Newport Home grant

    Thursday, January 18, 2018

  • No school
  • Fine shooting incident
  • Tennessee lottery celebrating 14 years
  • Brooks backs off school vouchers
  • Southerland appointed to committees
  • Voting procedures in Tennessee are secure
  • Smoky Park camping fees to increase
  • Alzheimer research initiative announced

    Wednesday, January 17, 2018

  • Cocke Juvenile Court
  • No Cocke County school
  • Closings
  • Weather update
  • Cocke Circuit arrest warrants issued
  • Abbott charged
  • Bond scam
  • TBI has been dipping into it's Rainy Day Fund.

    Tuesday, January 16, 2018

  • No Wednesday school in Cocke County
  • Please conserve power
  • EDC wants input
  • Cushman faces new charges
  • Gas prices
  • School closings

    Monday, January 15, 2018

  • No school in Cocke County
  • Arrowood arrest
  • Dr. Martin Luther King Day
  • Valentine is the new rescue squad Capyain
  • Family of four die in West Tennessee home fire
  • 250K Tree Day in Tennessee
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved