Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Friday, March 09, 2018

Fatality in CO2 release
One of the three victims hospitalized after a CO2 release at Smoky Mountain Opry in Pigeon Forge last weekend, has died. Josh Ellis, 38, had been in a medically-induced coma at UT Medical Center after a CO2 valve used for smoke effects for the show was left on. The gas filled an isolated room. Ellis was overcome by the gas as were two other employees who found him and attempted a rescue. "In the show, we use CO2 for a special effect," said General Manager Micheal Headla. "In this room there is a CO2 valve and the valve is only typically left on for a very very small time. Unfortunately, for reasons that we don't know at this time, it was left on for an extended period of time."


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

  • Moore arrest
  • Lee sworn in as governor
  • MLK Celebration
  • Pit Bull attack
  • Knoxville trucker injured
  • Sanctuary cities
  • Gasoline moves higher

    Saturday, January 19, 2019

  • Broadway work wrapping up
  • Some Smokies open over the holiday
  • Lakeway Pallet fire
  • Unemployment benefits for federal workers
  • Bill Lee on issues

    Thursday, January 17, 2019

  • Graham home destroyed
  • Four inmates charged with assault
  • Cocke Circuit Court
  • Hepatitis C cases increasing in Tennessee

    Wednesday, January 16, 2019

  • Trouten/Franklin
  • Lane sentencing
  • The Wall
  • Hang up the phone..... while driving
  • Should national parks be open ?
  • Should national parks be open ?

    Tuesday, January 15, 2019

  • Cocke County Finance Committee
  • Warrants issued by Cocke County Circuit Court
  • A thru Z theft
  • VW to expand in Tennessee
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved