Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Monday, November 12, 2018

Allison died of smoke inhalation
Cocke County authorities say an autopsy has found that a Parrottsville woman who died when her home caught fire Friday afternoon, died of smoke inhalation. The victim was identified as Nora Allison, 84, Sweeten Road, Parrottsville. Russell Allison reportedly to firefighters that the victim was smoking in her recliner when she fell asleep. And when she awoke, she found her recliner on fire and so both rushed to the kitchen to get pans of water to extinguish the flames. But the two became separated, and although Russell Allison was able to escape the burning home, Ms. Allison was not. Cocke County Deputy Tony bailey said the body of the victim was found in the kitchen of the large brick home. Cocke County firefighters were joined by personnel from the Parrottsville, Del Rio and Caney Branch Volunteer Fire Departments. The blaze, gutted the home and also burned a car parked adjacent to the residence, leaving a loss estimated at $1.5 million.


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Friday, February 15, 2019

  • Wilson charges are certified
  • Gardner convicted of aggravated sexual battery of a child
  • TVA moves away from coal
  • Alexander and Roe support budget legislation

    Thursday, February 14, 2019

  • Cocke County schools closed on Friday
  • Students poorly prepared for college
  • TennCare expansion
  • STEM initiative
  • Cocke County Grand jury indicts several
  • Fine arrest

    Wednesday, February 13, 2019

  • Newport receives $950,0000 state grant
  • Cocke County education
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council

    Tuesday, February 12, 2019

  • Skimming arrests
  • Wyse sentencing
  • Cocke Finance Committee
  • Jimtown fire

    Monday, February 11, 2019

  • DCS investigations
  • Efforts to restrict same sex marriage
  • UT Medical Center restricts visits
  • Gas prices move lower
  • Gas prices move lower
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved