Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Monday, November 12, 2018

Allison died of smoke inhalation
Cocke County authorities say an autopsy has found that a Parrottsville woman who died when her home caught fire Friday afternoon, died of smoke inhalation. The victim was identified as Nora Allison, 84, Sweeten Road, Parrottsville. Russell Allison reportedly to firefighters that the victim was smoking in her recliner when she fell asleep. And when she awoke, she found her recliner on fire and so both rushed to the kitchen to get pans of water to extinguish the flames. But the two became separated, and although Russell Allison was able to escape the burning home, Ms. Allison was not. Cocke County Deputy Tony bailey said the body of the victim was found in the kitchen of the large brick home. Cocke County firefighters were joined by personnel from the Parrottsville, Del Rio and Caney Branch Volunteer Fire Departments. The blaze, gutted the home and also burned a car parked adjacent to the residence, leaving a loss estimated at $1.5 million.


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Friday, May 17, 2019

  • Partnership update
  • Cocke Circuit Court pleas
  • Ealy looses her RN license
  • April employment numbers
  • Johnson execution

    Thursday, May 16, 2019

  • Cocke Finance Committee
  • Casada saga continues
  • Roberts arrest
  • Ownby arrest

    Wednesday, May 15, 2019

  • Newport City Council approves new budget
  • Dykes named Big Red coach
  • Tennessee crime stats
  • Memorial Day travel

    Tuesday, May 14, 2019

  • Cocke Finance Committee
  • Appalachian Trail killing
  • Kidnapping arrest
  • Gasoline prices move lower

    Friday, May 10, 2019

  • Cocke County rafting industry continues its growth
  • Cocke County Finance Committee
  • Shadow of the Smokies Trail
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved