Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Thursday, November 15, 2018

Cocke County home destroyed by fire
A double-wide home on the Edwina-Bridgeport Road in Cocke County was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning. Cocke County Firefighter Robert Cashen said the call to the Julia Collins residence came in at 6:45 am. Firemen were told that the power had been turned off to the home and the Collins residents were in the process of moving out. They reportedly had started a fire in the fireplace prior to leaving the home before the fire was discovered. Firefighters with the Cosby and Grassy Fork Volunteer Fire Departments responded as well and assisted in extinguishing the blaze. And sheriff's department personnel handled traffic control. Cashen said the American Red Cross also provided assistance to the Collins family. The 2,100 square foot home and contents were destroyed with the loss estimated at $90,000.


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Friday, February 15, 2019

  • Wilson charges are certified
  • Gardner convicted of aggravated sexual battery of a child
  • TVA moves away from coal
  • Alexander and Roe support budget legislation

    Thursday, February 14, 2019

  • Cocke County schools closed on Friday
  • Students poorly prepared for college
  • TennCare expansion
  • STEM initiative
  • Cocke County Grand jury indicts several
  • Fine arrest

    Wednesday, February 13, 2019

  • Newport receives $950,0000 state grant
  • Cocke County education
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council

    Tuesday, February 12, 2019

  • Skimming arrests
  • Wyse sentencing
  • Cocke Finance Committee
  • Jimtown fire

    Monday, February 11, 2019

  • DCS investigations
  • Efforts to restrict same sex marriage
  • UT Medical Center restricts visits
  • Gas prices move lower
  • Gas prices move lower
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved