Home   |  Staff   |  Local News   |  Area Events   |  Birthdays   |  Photos   |  Contact Us   |  Employment
 
Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Jimtown fire
Cocke County firefighters, assisted by volunteers with the Parrottsville Volunteer Fire Department responded Sunday evening to a home fire on Jimtown Road, outside of Newport. The blaze was initially reported at 6:30 pm, and is believed to have started from an extension cord leading from the home to a nearby camper. The single-story frame home was owned and occupied by Cora Nichols, who escaped the burning dwelling without injury. Firefighter Cody Strom said the blaze was fought from the interior and exterior, but both the home and camper were destroyed. Firefighters returned to the scene at 4 am Monday when the fire rekindled. The loss in the blaze is estimated at $75,000.


Return to Today's News Stories - Front Page

Friday, February 15, 2019

  • Wilson charges are certified
  • Gardner convicted of aggravated sexual battery of a child
  • TVA moves away from coal
  • Alexander and Roe support budget legislation

    Thursday, February 14, 2019

  • Cocke County schools closed on Friday
  • Students poorly prepared for college
  • TennCare expansion
  • STEM initiative
  • Cocke County Grand jury indicts several
  • Fine arrest

    Wednesday, February 13, 2019

  • Newport receives $950,0000 state grant
  • Cocke County education
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council
  • Newport City Council

    Tuesday, February 12, 2019

  • Skimming arrests
  • Wyse sentencing
  • Cocke Finance Committee
  • Jimtown fire

    Monday, February 11, 2019

  • DCS investigations
  • Efforts to restrict same sex marriage
  • UT Medical Center restricts visits
  • Gas prices move lower
  • Gas prices move lower
  •    

    Home  |  Staff  |  Photos  |  Local News  |  Contact Us  |  Employment

    © 2007 92.3 WNPC - Bristol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved